If my calendar is correct then ... it's July tomorrow.
If the recent wet weather is correct then ... I may have a faulty calendar.
But, whichever it is, here's my June 2012 ... in numbers ...
35 years = the time elapsed between the taking of this photo:
Points of note: I now have more hair than I did in 1977. Which is a good thing.
Meanwhile Mam has less hair than she had in 1977 ... also a good thing.
And, coincidentally, Jo is dressed smartly in pretty dresses in both photos while I seem to dress more for comfort and am wearing trousers in both. The more things change, the more they stay the same, no?
344 pages = the amount of Bring Up the Bodies read since May's Month in Numbers to finish it off.
3 = the number of wives Henry VIII has accrued so far and we're only up to book 2 of Hilary Mantel's trilogy. *spoiler alert for anyone unaware of how Henry VIII treated his wives*
They cut her head off in the end you know?
But, seeing as how I knew that before I began, I was never actually reading to find out what happened ... I had half an idea how it all went down [to be honest it sometimes less than half ... royal History isn't my strong point].
No, rather this was one of those: "I want to keep reading because I love the atmosphere , the writing, the fully breathing characters inside yet ... I really don't want to keep reading because then it will be over and I won't be wandering around 16th Century England with Thomas Cromwell any more ... I'll be back in my own bedroom again, with hoovering to do" books.
You know the kind.
Animal print. Super comfy and stretchy. Look cute with ballet pumps.
Rarely does an item of clothing fulfil so many vital requirements!
2 = the number of Christmas themed magazine features I've worked on:
It took me a whole [pretty much wasted] working day - mid-June - to get even remotely in the mood for such festivities.
Oh by gosh, by golly.
13 out of 13 = the number of the final episode of Justified Season 3.
I didn't want it to end but we made sure to see it out instyle with an end-of-season 'event'.
If you don't watch Justified then what follows here will make very little sense. And even if you do watch Justified ... you may still have your doubts ...
We ate had southern style chicken and ribs and drank Kentucky Bourbon and Coke from jars ... Harlan County-style:
And yes, my sister is wearing a Sheriff badge here. Because, while we may be slightly unhinged, we're not lawless ...
13 = the number of episodes in Season 1 which I'm now going to buy and start watching the whole thing all over again ... after seeing them all twice already.
Oh, amazingly well-written, well-acted and just plain entertaining Justified, I really wasn't a box set girl ... until I met you.
Well, that's me ...
And you'd like to join in this month [despite seeing me in a moustache] here's the Month in Numbers 'etiquette':If you write a post and want to leave a link for myself and others to visit and/or pin please bear in mind it has a shared experience aspect to it.
- When you swing by my blog to drop off a link to your Month in Numbers post - please leave a comment for me while you're there. Not because I'm needy ... but because it feels fair. Reciprocal.
- Please link to my blog in your post. As much as I'd like to think that everyone who reads your blog already knows what 'My Month in Numbers' means... the truth is, they don't. So unless you explain where the idea comes from and how your readers can join you in doing the same next month, they are none the wiser.
- Please take time at some point in the month to visit and comment on a few of the other posts too.
Just a note: [mainly so I can't be accused of breaking my own rules ... ] ;-)
- this is a scheduled post as I'm away from the online world for a few days ...
- so if you have left me a comment and a link to your own Month in Numbers post then please don't be offended when I don't comment on it or pin it straight away.
- I still like you.
- I'll be catching up with your vital statistics ASAP once I'm back online.
- I promise!
Thanks for dropping by and humouring me today.
Happy July everyone!
Happy July everyone!