Friday 30 April 2010

Blog Hop: Moustache-Mania

Greetings.

Have you hopped in as part of the
Banana Frog blog drop? Or rather ... have you dropped in from the blog hop? Either way - hello, make yourself at home.

The theme for this month's hop around the design team's blogs is 'Spring' and to be honest I've taken a rather convoluted approach to it [who said they weren't surprised?].

Let me begin by introducing you to the guys:
Handsome. Don't you think?

I've had so much fun making these I can't even tell you!! And one of the best thingsabout them is that they're all made from scraps and leftovers. Which is where the theme of 'Spring' comes in ... I was spring-cleaning my scrap box!Some of the scraps were leftover from the layout I made for this month's 'Colour Focus' feature on the Banana Frog blog, which was also the reason I had a pack of stamps out on my desk.

While I was sitting there drinking tea and frittering away my time on Twitter working hard, my eye lighted upon my set of 'Superlicious' stamps. Suddenly one of the stamps just yelled out 'eyeball' to me ... and an idea was born! I'm already a well established googly-eye user [you know, the kind you buy in the kids' craft section?] so when I saw that stamp I knew they had to go on some sort of face! Then, lo and behold, I spotted that scrolled flourish stamp next to it ... or should that be ... the handlebar moustache stamp?

Inspired by this vision I opened up my scraps box, picked out lots of clashing patterns to stamp on and layered them up into a set of retro notecards. The style of the finished item reminds me of various things ... from the costumes on Life on Mars to my Dad in the 70s to ... well, as I phrased it on Twitter I:

"Made some cards which turned out a cross between Sgt Pepper, The Magic Roundabout & a pile of vintage fabrics. And I'm *not* even on drugs".

Now, despite me not being on drugs, I did however stamp the neat little 'tache[above] using a petal/leaf design from 'Super Dreamy' then, finally, I stamped this rather grand pair from the 'Circus Stories' set:
And by no means am I finished finding facial features in my Banana Frog stamps [try saying that fast 3 times!]. No, for a start I've got my eye on a nice big bracket from the 'Big Punctuation' set which, when turned on its side is going to make someone's top lip proud! Then ...

.... I'm going to move on to creating some female company for my fab four up there ^^^^.

Check out my 'Project of the Day' on the Banana Frog blog on May 14th to see whether or not I give the ladies facial hair too .....

Now hop on to fellow DT member Jo Firth Young's blog to see what she has for you on this fine day.

Jx

33 comments:

  1. Oh my - these are so cute. Love your outside the box thinking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your interpretation of "Spring"! Brilliant! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love their Sgt Pepper look :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These cards have cheered me up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fab are these cards, great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG! These are just too cute for words! Just fab!

    ReplyDelete
  7. lol Julie these are ace lol
    xx Leo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can definitely see where the Sgt Pepper is coming from, lots of fun and great cards for kids of all ages, a lovely imagination. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how you have come up with these, they make me smile and of course now when I do a new design I will try and make sure there is one that can be used as a moustache!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brilliant cards & so fun. This has given me a great idea for a Father's Day card, thanks for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. haha i love those cards how cool uh? loving your blog

    much Love Katy x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those cards are soooooo stinkin' cute. How creative and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your creations really made me smile great imangination and such fun!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your cards - great to see some "cards for men" about.

    ReplyDelete
  15. awesome!!
    this is the first time i've seen your blog and it's great!!

    thank you for sharing your creations :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very unique and cute.. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. hahahaha, what great cards. I love it! youre hilarious

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh wow those are so cute! What a brilliant idea I just love them! :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. LOL, your projects make me smile, just awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. So I'm thinking that *perhaps* I need to get me one of these scrap boxes. It seems that all the best people have one.

    I love these fellas :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. How cool - as I have a moustached man of my own I may just have to make one of those

    ReplyDelete
  22. Just gorgeous - looking forward to the female friends! x alexa

    ReplyDelete
  23. So creative great use of your stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thought you said you don't do cards these are beaut just love the range of tashes

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment, asking me a question, sharing your own story or just randomly saying hello.