Thursday 5 August 2010

A three tea-bag problem

Greetings.

I'm in a slightly less vile mood that I have been so far today, so I'm taking this chance to speak to you in a civil manner. I can't promise how long it will last ...

Have I mentioned I'm setting up an online shop? Once or twice eh? The thing is, I'm getting more terrified the nearer I get to having to just bite the bullet and upload something to sell. So I've been procrastinating [you're shocked aren't you ... who knew I was capable of such sloth?].


So, rather than finish taking photos of my finished stock items [I do have some finished items!] or even bravely sitting down to read up on 'shipping policies' I've been making tags to add to my packages. Tags with black & white stripes:

Call me optimistic ... but I've made nearly 100 of them! I should probably sell them aswell as adding them in to my parcels, I've really enjoyed making them and would really like an excuse to make more:
But I did try to be good yesterday and studiously took about 70 photos of the badges I've been making ... but when I looked at them this morning they really weren't good enough, so I had to begin all over again, bemoaning the waste of time and energy as I went... blah, blah, mumble, mumble.

Kirsty - allow me to publically apologise for every giving you the idea that I'd conquered my perfectionist streak ... ;-).

So today I've been trying out a different camera, in a diffferent position and battling with the tripod to get just the right angle for my shots ... until the battery ran out!!!! When I may just have uttered a few choice curse words ...

Following the advice of the ever supportive Gabrielle [aka The Green Gal] I had a little break and went for a cup of tea. But you see, the thing is ...

... I've also neglected to go shopping for at least a week and, horror of horrors, we're almost out of tea bags!

I'd started the day by laying out all of the bags we had left on the worktop ... so I could pace myself. So that I knew exactly how many were left. So I could avoid the terrible disappointment of boiling the kettle then reaching into the jar only to find it entirely sans-tea bags.

But look at it now!!! There are only 3 left!!!:Only. 3. Tea bags. In the whole house!

And this has definitely been more than a 3 tea bag day ...

I might have to scrape up the loose tea which fell out of a split bag in the drawer months ago, which I've still not got round to vacuuming up .... or else I might move on to the rum earlier than planned.

;-)

J

6 comments:

  1. I KNOW you can make those tea bags last!!!!! Is it half day closing where you live?
    Fab tags and I'm waiting in anticipation for the shop to open.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the thought of you laying your tea bags out :D I can sympathise as I get a little nervous when the coffe is getting low.

    LOVE the tags

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tea bag in the cup!.........I'm going to buy you a tea pot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Move onto the rum and get the liquid courage you need to open the shop. Dammit! I keep checking to see what beauties you've made and they aren't in there yet! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. To the shop! Teabags are an essential as is rum although I'm a gin girl. I get twitchy if the teabags get low as well lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Arrrgh! What, nearly no tea? Oh my goodness, where's the Star Trek Replicator when you need it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment, asking me a question, sharing your own story or just randomly saying hello.