If you haven't heard already, there's a free introduction to art journaling course being held this year over on the UKScrappers forum, with a new tutorial being added each week to develop and expand on your art journaling skills.
- The first of several tutorials I'm writing will be available to download [in .pdf format] from the Art Journey area of the forum from today.
- It's called 'Letting the words find you' and it looks at several, quite unusual ways to add the 'Journaling' into your 'Art Journaling'.
- 'Research' which is available from today, and ...
- 'Action' which will be available from Wednesday ... once you've done your research!
Here's a sneak peek at the page I've made to illustrate my tutorial:
If you've been wanting to dip your toe in the art journaling waters but dn't want to leap in alone, maybe this is for you. Leanne [from Craftaholic Leanie] has organised the entire Art Journey, and she describes it like this:
"This journey will be looking at as many aspects of art journaling as possible, acting as a resource for both newcomers and old hands to this unique and personal art form.
On your personal UKS Art Journey, you can explore ways of representing your feelings or subjects by using different technique tutorials, mediums – even different journals. And you can’t rush art, so there’ll be no prizes for finishing first, or running so fast on the journey you miss the scenery. Certainly no gold stars for perfect attendance! Everything will be recreated in PDF format so that you can save the ‘classes’ and go through them in your own time.
Each Monday there’ll be a ‘Research prompt’ to let you know what we’ll be doing on the Wednesday, and what materials you may like to use – there’ll also be links, prompts and quotes to help you start. On Wednesdays, that ‘prompt’ will be edited to include technique instructions, and pages from a talented team of artists who are supporting this project."
Like I say:
- it's free to register and the tutorials are free to download and keep.
- So you've nothing to lose ... apart from your fear of journaling!
- [Honestly, the techniques I cover are truly pain free!! I promise!].
p.s: One of my later tutorials will be looking at using numbers in your journal which reminds me ... there's a Month in Numbers post headed this way tomorrow and I can't wait to see who's going to be sharing their vital statistics for the first month of 2012! See you then then!