Tuesday 3 July 2012

3D scene project: Kitsch is Where the Heart Is

Hi, hi.

As it is every 3rd Tuesday, today it's my turn to share a Design Team project on the shop blog of my friend 3D Jean, and this is today's offering:
Some people might call it a 'shrine' ... the Tando packing calls it a 'Mini Theatre Stage' ....
I call it 'the thing I made mam for Mother's Day hich she still has on display in the living room':
As it was for a very special person I populated my scene with some of those 'saving for best' items, like the little teddy and the gorgeous doll image from an old annual. And I went slightly cabochon-crazy too
It may not be the most sedate, understated creation ... if anything it looks rather as if I covered the 'thing' with glue and held it aloft during an explosion in a kitsch factory ... to see what stuck.

But who said that would be a bad thing?

And, like me, my Mam grew up under the influence of my [late] Grandma who bestowed her love upon us all at times with the most wonderfully eccentric, Magpie-eyed gifts ...
... so kitsch really is where the heart is round here.

Julie x

------------------------
Supplies available at 3DJean:
Other supplies:
  • Bunting stickers + floral patterned paper [on background] by Lily Bee Designs;
  • Floral label sticker: October Afternoon;
  • Button + crochet trim from The Ribbon Girl

6 comments:

  1. It's fabulous... I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought it was a mini caravan...it was the wheels :) a gorgeous scene which i would imagine will be on display for a long while yet x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A riot of gloriousness: no wonder it's still on display!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Julie, your mini theatre is stunning, I love all the little elements, so much to look at.

    We would love to feature this on the Tando Creative blog.

    If you are in agreement would you be kind enough to email the photos to sales@tando-creative.co.uk.

    Best wishes
    Di

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab creation, it's gorgeous Julie !

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun and creative display... I can see why your mum would keep it on display :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment, asking me a question, sharing your own story or just randomly saying hello.