Tuesday 1 November 2011

Purple Phase: purple as a pattern with stone + denim

Hi, hi, hi.

Happy 1st of November!

I've got a back-log of purple posts to share and only 30 days left to do it if I'm to meet my self-imposed 'no more going-on about purple after November' deadline ... so here we go ....
Wearing any colour you're unsure of as part of a pattern is usually much more appealing than the idea of bold, in-your-face, colour-blocking .... so how about easing your way in to purple with a print?:
Worn with sandals and a pretty little shrug or shawl, this can be quite a delicate summery dress ... but I'm not often in the mood for delicate so, more often than not I wear it over leggings ... or jeans:
And yes, apparently I have 2 pairs of purple shoes - the ones in this previous outfit post and these:
When I remembered that I had this pair lurking in the bottom of a shoe box it came as almost as much of a surprise as the time I remembered I had at least 3 pairs of silver shoes ... and 1 pair of gold ... and yes, 1 pair of bronze ... I think maybe I need to make a shoe spread-sheet to keep track!

Anyway ... as I've mentioned so many, many times already in this series, neutrals, like this off-white / stone jersey cardigan takes the edge off the 'sweetness' of the lilac:
Dress: TK Maxx ¦¦ Cardigan: Vero Moda from House of Fraser ¦¦ Jeans: GAP ¦¦
 Shoes: Primark ¦¦ Belt: Peacocks
¦¦ Garden: Mine!
So, what do you think? Do prints and patterns make purple more palatable to you? And can you say that fast 3 times?

You really don't have to go the whole 2--pairs-of-purple-shoes-plus-matching-belt route to wear purple, just allow a touch of it to sneak into your wardrobe carried along on a pretty pattern and take it from there!

----------------------------------------------
While I'm here ...
  • Thanks for continuing to send me links to your own purple posts and for all the Purple Phase mentions I've noticed popping up around the place. It's been funny to see the same faces in comments sections, sharing their conversions to the purple-side!
  • I'd forgotten to keep the Purple Phase post list updated but it's back on track now! So if you want an easy way to flick back through the colour posts then that's there for you now, otherwise, you can just jump to the Pinterest board where I've pinned all the palettes so far
And on a non-purple note:
  • I've set up a Facebook Page for myself here - just to keep all my etsy /businessy / selling type posts in one spot, especially [hint, hint] as I've just launched a brand new product Plundered Pages -my vintage paper packs which I'm really [like, ridiculously] happy with and proud of.
  • But ... I'm having all kinds of confusion with the FB page at the moment, so if I invited you to join twice already - my apologies! And if I haven't invited you at all - my apologies!! You can join anytime, I promise! It's just it's making me feel like I've never been online ever in my life ... I don't know what's going on!
  • Anyway, if you'd like to 'Like' my page over there then great! If not ... I've got a thicker skin than it might first appear, so I reckon I'll get by OK.
Thanks for dropping by today. I hope November has gotten off to a good start for you.

Julie x

6 comments:

  1. Yes, I can see it's much easier as part of a pattern and it and you look(s) lovely here. :) Those shoes are great - shame we're a long way form a Primark! Hope you get the Facebook thing sorted - I've never ventured onto The Dark Side so I'll have to admire and cheer you on from over here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My plundered pages arrived today Julie! OMGoodness opening the package was almost as much fun as checking out all my goodies. Thank youuuuu! Well worth a look everyone and well worth the pennies. I'm thinking of doing a blog post about it. When I am less fluey and sneezy.

    I of course already nabbed the best pack - teach you lot for being slow off the mark! Mwahahahahar!

    *Ahem*

    Am very jealous of your shoes Julie - don't get many in Primark in my whopping size 9 ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The exact colour scheme that I used recently on a layout (the one I mentioned) though I, of course, used purple a little more sparingly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is by far my absolute and most favourite colour combination!! And you look so fashionable! BTW - I have certainly noticed how big purple is right now in retail. I was at Starbucks this morning and their Espresso beans are packaged in... Purple bags :) (I was a bit shy to take a photo as the line up was crazy ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the outfit and the colour combo. Used it as inspiration for my layout:
    http://melgetsscrappy.blogspot.com/2011/11/storytelling-sunday-one-with-ice-cream.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is by far my absolute and most favourite colour combination!! And you look so fashionable! BTW - I have certainly noticed how big purple is right now in retail. I was at Starbucks this morning and their Espresso beans are packaged in... Purple bags :) (I was a bit shy to take a photo as the line up was crazy ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment, asking me a question, sharing your own story or just randomly saying hello.