So it's the end of one month and the start of yet another. Again.
You know what this means don't you?
It means that all of our joint efforts to slow time down have failed for the 11th month running! We really must try harderthis month people, this can't happen again, OK? OK.
Right then, let me start with the most important number first. The number without which - and I can say this without overstatement or exaggeration - it's the number without which none of us would be here right now ...
3 years = how old notes on paper was this month! Hurrah!
On November 8th 2008 I dipped my toe into the craft-blogging waters for the first time with a post entitled 'Yes ... we can'. And it turns out, we still can. I'm still turning up here a few times a week happily blogging away, getting to know you better and getting to know me better in the process.
I truly love blogging. In fact, I love blogging so much I'd do it for free if I had to ... [oh, hang on, yes, I do do it for free ... so, you see? I told you I loved it!]
- 406+ posts and counting = number of posts I've blogged during that 3 years, which averages at around;
- 135 posts per year, which is roughly ...
- 2 to 3 posts per week ... which ultimately means ...
- I blog more often than I do laundry [a fact which doesn't surprise me in the slightest!]
3 = the number of times I've now seen the comedian Dave Gorman live.
2 hours = the amount of time James and I spent on a hill, in our nearest RSPB reserve watching the 'murmurations' - the phenomena where 1000s of starlings come in to roost for the night in swishing and swirling flocks.
When we did this last year [on 28th November] it was in the middle of this freezing cold snow storm:
This year [on the 6th November]... we had this:
4 = days away in a cottage with 7 crafting friends.
35 = the number of days early we exchanged Christmas gifts and ate Christmas lunch while we were there:
3 = the number of new zebra-related items I've managed to accrue this month. I bought myself a scarf:
And as part of my 'Secret Santa' gift at the Christmas weekend there were some zebra charms and a big spool of zebra stripe ribbon.
And finally ...
6 = the number of peope who'll be working on the launch of Featuring Magazine [and I'm one of them]:
That's all from me, for November.
If you'd like to join in this time around then I'm pleased to say you'll be in good company - the number of people blogging their own Month in Numbers has been steadily growing.
[Note to fed-up bloggers who've introduced a new feature that hardly anyone joins in with!: I've been blogging My Month in Numbers for almost 2 years now and it's only in the last few months that participation has grown. But I didn't stop doing it because I loved the idea no matter who else joined in. And if they all stopped playing along now... it wouldn't mean I'd stop!]
A few people are ahead of me and have blogged their November stats already:
- Sian of 'From High in the Sky' recorded hers on a very stylish number filled layout;
- Ginger of 'Ginger's Life of Spice' recorded her impressive card-making total in her November numbers.
- Month in Numbers stalwart Claire of 'The Crafty Alchemist' has blogged her 11th statistical scrapbook page in a row in a post which gives a lovely glimpse into her life. [Including the 11 muffins she 'accidentally ate ...].
- Melissa of 'Remember to Breathe' joined in with her statistics once again here.
- Kate from 'Nana Kate' bravely soldiered on with her Month in Numbers here despite having a laptop meltdown and a corrupted memory card.
The 'How to record your Month in numbers' tutorial [or should I have called it my 'Tips for the Month in Numbers-curious'?] I've been asked to write will be with you sometime next week. So that should still give you a chance to start testing out the ideas before you record your own summary post at the end of December ... if you fancy it!
I'll see you soon.