Well here we all are again, counting the moments that count.
It was fun to see some debuts and some grand commitments to a year of Month-in-Numbering being made last month. You're all very welcome ... and I'll always forgive you if you don't manage every month in 2013 like some of you have pledged to do.
And if you just feel like joining in as a one-off then feel free ... I don't take a register ... I just enjoy your company on the occasions you can make it!
And, fortunately ... I managed to write a post myself this month [I'd be setting a poor example otherwise!] ... and here it is:
3 = hours spent applying make-up, experimenting with vintage style hair-dos and attempting to follow jive-style dance steps at a 'Rockabilly Rosie' workshop:
2 = the number of victory rolls I managed to pin into my hair [above] after much twiddling, spraying with hairspray and assistance from the 2 extra hands of a big sister who knows what she's doing.
As for the dancing part of the day .. well, I think it's safe to say that we both knew our way around an eyeliner better than we do our right and left feet. All of which led to conversations such as:
Big sis: Do you know what you're doing? Because I don't.
Me: No. Not a clue. Just keep bouncing and moving and no one will know!
2 = the number of recipe books referred to during the making of a Valentine's night meal. Clearly I wasn't in charge of proceedings. I don't really do recipe books [I'm more of a 'throw stuff in' or 'just assemble things on a plate' kind of cook].
I did however do a mighty good job of stirring the a risotto James began making. And he would actually have made it all himself if I hadn't decided that we should have a dessert too - so he turned his attentions to that instead.
As our menu consisted of risotto and Prosecco ... I felt like it would only be fitting if we had a dessert ending in 'o' too. So we got the recipe book out and made ... Nigella's Dense Chocolate Loaf Cake-o.
OK, so I might have added the 'O' there ... but still ... I definitely made an 'Oooooo' sound when I ate it!
Just the 1 book read this month = Jamrach's Menagerie by Carol Birch which was wonderful.
I know some of you like to follow up on book recommendations, so it might be useful for you to know I've been adding mine to a 'Books Read in 2013' Pinterest board I've made for myself. If you're on Pinterest too you could just repin them on your own 'Books to Read' board!
And I really do recommend Jamrach's Menagerie, despite a large proportion of the book being set on the high seas .... and I'm not a fan of the deep at all!
I don't want to give anything away but just be warned ... one night, after reading it before sleep, I dreamt of trying desperately, desperately, desperately to find some fresh water to give to a bird I'd rescued ... which then turned into a big fat fly.
I can't say this will happen to you ... but don't say you weren't warned!
£0.16 = the fine I've acquired on an overdue library book. Not the book above, but another I'm only part of the way through.
I couldn't tell you when I last had- if ever - a library book fine! I was horrified to realise I had forgotten to renew it.
*Turns away thoroughly shame-faced* *Tries especially hard to avoid eye contact with Sian*
10 = the number of items made featuring cork for an upcoming issue of Papercraft Inspirations magazine [Issue 113].
And it's still always a creative challenge. As it should be! But, let me tell you ...
... you don't realise how big a number 10 actually is ... until you're on project number 5 ... and there's still 5 projects left to think up!
It's like a crafting decathlon.
Perhaps I should think about getting sponsorship from an energy drinks company? Or better still ... a shoe manufacturer ...
£13.50 = the price paid for silver boots in the sale. I have a thing for metallic footwear and I've had plenty of gold and silver shoes in the past, but these are my first silver boots:
Now if only I had a silver bag or two .. or three ... to coordinate with them. Oh wait ... I do!
OK then, those were mine. How about yours?
- If you're happy just to read my vital statistics for February 2013 then that's absolutely fine .... but ...
- if you want to join in you can visit the Month in Numbers details and browse tips on how to join in here;
- And ...if you do want to join in ... and you'd like for me to pin your post to the Month in Numbers Pinterest board [currently followed by 557 people which, stats fans, is 22 more than last month!] then ...
If you write a Month in Numbers post of your own and want to leave a link for myself and others to come and visit then please bear in mind it's more fun if it's a shared experience.
- When you swing by my blog to drop off your link then please leave a comment for me while you're here. Not because I'm needy ... but because it feels fair. Reciprocal. Please don't just paste and run!
- Please link to my blog in your post. As much as I'd like to think that everyone who reads your blog already knows what 'My Month in Numbers' means... the truth is, they don't. So unless you explain where the idea comes from and how your readers can join you in doing the same next month, they are none the wiser.
- Please take time at some point in the month to visit and comment on a few of the other posts too.
And one final note [before you think I'm ignoring you!]:
- I will be away from my computer Friday - Monday so I won't be able to read any posts, leave any comments, or pin any posts during that time.
- But I will see to all that when I get back online after a long weekend away with friends. [Once I come down from the inevitable crafting-and-getting-all-my-meals-made-for-me induced high].
See you all soon, my lovely monthly-moment-counters.