PLEASE NOTE: this competition is now closed and the winner 'ScrappingKatie' has been notified. Thanks to all who entered, sorry I could only offer one free place!
Do you know about 'Learn Something New Everyday'? It's 30 days of prompts from Shimelle Laine which aim to help you document some simple life lessons throughout the month of September and has been running at shimelle.com for the last 7 years:
If you're not familiar with it, or if you need a refresher - here's how Shimelle herself recently described Learn Something New Everyday :
…a scrapbooker who keeps a Project Life album but sometimes loses direction with what to write and what’s worth recording when things seem pretty routine?
…a 12×12 scrapbooker in need of a creative kick to get out of a repetitive rut?
…wishing you had five minutes to stop and reflect on your day before running to the next thing?
…longing for scrapbook journaling to come easily and flow naturally?
…looking for a new project for the back to school season without dedicating a huge amount of time or money?
…wanting to return to scrapbooking after a break?
…someone who enjoys working on a project with other creative crafters?
If any of those describe you, then I believe you’ll enjoy Learn Something New Every Day."
Well ... I've taken part and documented my September for the last 2 years and plan to do the same once again this year as anyone who purchases the class once gets access to the materials each year, for no additional fee.
Taking the time to mark out my days with LSNED during those two Septembers has led to all kinds of good and worthwhile things for me. And so this year ...
... I wondered if you'd like to join me? Where maybe it could lead to something worthwhile for you too.
My Good Things are things I could never have imagined when I first enrolled. Things like:
- having the pages I made during Year 1 spotted by the editor of Stampington's Art Journaling magazine ... leading to a feature in their magazine the following year.
- deciding to make a step-by-step blog post to share how I was creating pages for that first September ... which became, and continues to be, one of the most popular posts on my blog and has brought in many new readers and kind comments.
- realising that a month I'd often hated [due to that dreaded 'back-to-school feeling] really wasn't that bad any more!
- having a good excuse to sit and be creative and really try out and test new journaling and collage styles each time.
HERE'S HOW IT WILL WORK:
If YOU'VE never taken the class before ... and you'd like to give it a go this year then ...
- Leave me a comment here, on this post, making it clear you'd like to enter the draw for one free place.
- You can say why you'd like the place if you wish -
- Maybe there's something special going on this September that you'd like the class to help you record.
- Maybe there's something you'd like to work through using the prompts [I had some 'stuff' to digest last September, and I was so pleased to have a record of it when, a few months back, I re-visited the pages I made during that time].
- Maybe you want an excuse to sit and get creative each day.
- Whatever it is it would be fun to hear ... but it's not a deal-breaker if you don't want to! Just be clear that you want to be part of the giveaway ... and I'll add you to the list!
- You MUST comment using an account [eg your Google account] where I can click on your name and reach your blog to let you know you've won. OR ELSE you must leave me another link where I can find you. If I can't get in touch, I'll have to select another winner.
- I will get in touch with the winner personally but I will also announce the winner on my Facebook page. At some point I will mention it here on my blog too - but that'll have to be sometime after Saturday 31st because that space is taken up with My Month in Numbers!
- Only comments left before 9am [UK time] on Friday 30th August will be entered into the draw for a free class pass!
- use a random number generator to select a winner;
- contact the winner to let them know they've won AND to collect an email address from them;
- then I will personally purchase another enrolment to Learn Something New Everyday and pass on the winner's details to Shimelle.
- And it will be Shimelle who will enrol the winner into the class.
If this isn't something you'd like to win for yourself ... please share it with others via social media / carrier pigeon / loud hailer. I'm dead certain that there's someone out there who really needs to grab this opportunity this September. So please help me let them know!!
Here's the link for you to copy and distribute: http://notesonpaper.blogspot.com/2013/08/WinLearnSomethingNewEveryday.html
Right ... I'll leave you to your commenting / sharing.