There's only one reason I feel I can share this particular scavenger hunt discovery with you now and it's this:
But until they were here safely delivered ... and therefore 'real' to me ... I hadn't dared share my photo of No.19. A ticket booth... for fear of jinxing it!
But now I can:
19. A ticket booth
Funnily enough I didn't originally take the photo specifically for the hunt. I took it entirely for its own sake, to mark the occasion. The occasion being ...
- waiting ... in an online queue to buy tickets to see Benedict Cumberbatch in Hamlet. The regular priced tickets broke box office records last year by selling out in minutes
- waiting ...while knowing how lucky I'd been to get through the limited offer draw which gave me the chance to buy 2 x £10 tickets.
- waiting ... while wondering how I can appropriately thank my friend, who told me how I could enter the draw in the first place! Any suggestions K? ;-)
- waiting ... while having cleared my schedule and moved a hair appointment so I'd be in a position to sit, click and wait for as long as it took after the box office opened at 12pm [you can see in the photo that it was still only mid-day and the queue was already soooo long!]
- waiting ... for over an HOUR to reach the front of the queue despite having clicked on the link the minute the ticket booth opened. Clearly other people have quicker clicking fingers than me!
- waiting ... behind 780 other people to be exact!! [The queue had actually gone down when I took this shot].
- waiting ... while being careful not to accidentally close the window or else I would lose my place in the queue!
- waiting ... in the knowledge that the interminable waiting was actually the fun part as at the end of it I'd have to have a mad scramble to find 2 seats together on a date we could attend.
- waiting ... while knowing that at least 1560 tickets would already have been sold by the time I reached the front!! [780 people x the 2 tickets each were allotted]
It wasn't until afterwards, after my blood pressure returned to normal [that's a lie, it's still prone to fluctuations!] that I realised how perfectly perfect my photo was for the hunt.
So, that's No. 19 crossed off the list ... making just 5 more categories to capture and then share. And I'm planning to save those up for the trip to the London.
If 'Someone with ridiculous levels of nervous energy outside a London theatre' had been one of the categories ... I could have made a note to take a selfie ...
If you want to join in the hunt then make sure you visit Rinda as it's her brainchild! You can share your discoveries either via your blog, or on Instagram with the hashtag #rindas2015photohunt or even join the Facebook group and make sure to visit Rinda's blog to catch her regular round-ups and link posts.
And to catch up on things like gerberas in a tuba, a girl standing in a dinghy and a flock of very tall birds on stilts ... then drop by my other Scavenger Hunt posts for the year - so far - here:
- The 'Out & About on Holiday' edition
- The 'Lincoln City Centre' edition
- The 'Town Centre' edition
- The 'Haven't I seen that outfit somewhere before?' edition