Tuesday 8 March 2011

Scrapbooking: A spot of mind-reading at the dinner table:

Hi, hi, hi.

I was away [3 days in a country cottage with 7 other crafters and a lorry load of food] ... but now I'm back. Look, I'm right here. Yoo hoo! I'm over here on the sofa wearing a tartan shirt very, very similar to one of the papers I used for the layout I'm sharing today.

Yes, apparently I'm now dressing to match my blog posts ... I really do make the effort you know! ;-)

Anyway, here's the fully co-ordinating layout in question:

The photos, of me and my big sis, were taken seconds apart at the Christmas lunch table last year:

Backing paper: Quietude from the Sweetness of Living range by Onirie.

When I'd downloaded them on to the computer and could flick between them it made me laugh to see how composed and smiley we were in the second shot:

... compared to how crazy we looked before we were fully prepared! Jo looked a little like a grazing hen while I appeared to have been caught communing with the deceased or in the midst of an act of clairvoyance:

Images from Vintage Theatre & Circus Image CD.

Which is where the jounaling came into it:

Purple Onion 'Labelers'stamp set.

This is pretty much my style of scrapping at the moment: silly/funny/a bit odd; based on something specific the photo makes me think of [as opposed to simply scrapping the occasion] and journaling hand-written directly on to the page.

I've shared another similar combination here on the 3DJean Design Team blog where the silly photo in question this time round involves me posing as a skeleton with my best folorn face.

In fact I'm about to try out that same face on James as I ask him to go and get the Sauvignon Blanc from the fridge ...

Wish me luck!

J x

6 comments:

  1. I love your whimsical style of scrapping - and the colour scheme for this is beautiful.

    With The Steve I always try the 'puppy do eyed' trick which seems to work because he always makes the cuppas :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. so funny about matching your clothes to your blog- i am currently clashing with mine-- uh-oh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's lovely to see a scrapbook page from you again Julie :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Delightful page! Lovely soft colours and humour with style and panache. You do it so effortlessly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely page Julie! Love the torn scraps of paper stuck down with tape.. and the photos are fab!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I'm loving this style :D Love the clairvoyance piccy behind the ... er... clairvoyance piccy :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment, asking me a question, sharing your own story or just randomly saying hello.