Wednesday 27 July 2011

Going Postal: General Greetings - Enjoy!

Hello.

Last week when I said 'Hello'  ... or rather, last week when I said that I said 'Hello' frequently in cards, I also said I'd blog the other 'General Greetings' I find myself using over and over. So here it is ... enjoy ...

No, really ... it's 'Enjoy'. Look:
If you're new here, click above for full details on the 'Going Postal' project.
 I actually think that 'Enjoy' beats 'Hello' as my favourite, recurring, greeting.

Sometimes, after making one of my collage-style cards, if I'm going to add a greeting to the collage, it really needs to be clear and simple and 'Enjoy' fits the bill perfectly. Especially as the cards can be as jumbly and eclectic as to feature a Japanese comic-book background; a heart banner and a paw print ... like this one:
Some of my cards [including this one!] are now available in my etsy shop.
In fact, I like this greeting stamp so much it lives on the shelf directly above my desk [on its cotton-reel plinth, next to a frog eraser wearing a crown. Obvs] ... so it's always within reach:
But, like 'Hello' + 'You' go together ... 'Enjoy' too can be ably assisted by the addition of another word or two, like ...

'The Little Things', which I added to the bottom of an already greeting-laden card!:
The 'Enjoy The Little Things' stamp is from Sparkle Clear - Messages by Hero Arts.

And, along with 'the little things' ... let me introduce you to not only my favourite accompaniment to 'Enjoy' but possibly my favourite greetings stamp ever. One which can be [and has been] used on all kinds of cards, collages, layouts, tags, gift-wrap and more ... :
It's by Purple Onion [I bought mine from 3DJean] and here it is on a card from last summer:
I just love it. The font, the { use of brackets} and most importantly ... I love the sentiment.

'Enjoy' is so useful because not only does it serve as a generic 'any time' greeting, I can also use them for any more specific grand occasion. Because whatever else you're trying to say - be it Happy Birthday, / anniversary / Good Luck / Best Wishes or any other special event ... what kind of person would you be if you didn't want the recipient of the card to enjoy it?!

I don't know about you but I can't ever remember sending anyone a 'Don't Enjoy Today' card or an 'Actually, I'd prefer it if you were miserable.' version ... and, until I do 'Enjoy Today' will suit me just fine.


Basically, it's all any of us can ever hope - and strive  - to do in life, isn't it. Which is probably what makes it so versatile for any given card-sending-occasion. 

So do you do 'enjoy'? Or do you have another general greeting to add to my collection?

Thanks for reading me today.

Julie :-)
---------------------------------------------------

I'll be back with another take on this theme next week - but inbetween now and then you can:
  • drop by the 'Going Postal' Pinterest board to see everyone's posty-projects to date;
  • send me links to your own projects [following the rules as set out here]; We're just about halfway through the project now - but there's still a fortnight for you to get your projects to me.  
  • enter either or both of the giveaways [see my sidebar for the links to them or browse back through my blog];
  • check back in here for something a bit diffferent on Saturday, another layout on Monday; another giveaway on Tuesday ... and more postal posts if I get time! 
And you can also accept my thanks for your lovely comments and support so far. :-)


4 comments:

  1. Lovely stuff. I like "Thank you". Or "thanks". It's a sentiment that seems to be lacking after most gift-giving occasions nowadays. (Nowadays? I sound like I'm a couple of generations out today.)
    Still, I'd like to say "thanks" for blogging such wonderful things to interest and inspire us :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right having another go at linking my post. I really am pants at this. Here it ishttp://suzycad.blogspot.com/2011/07/take-one-sketch-cj.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I quite like the American "Have a nice day". Even though I know it's a kind of automatic thing when someone in a shop says it, I still like to hear it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am (enjoy)ing your posts so much! I like your neutral 'hello you' a lot; slightly cheeky and upbeat! On the odd card I make, I've sometimes used 'Waving ...' or 'From me to you ...'.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment, asking me a question, sharing your own story or just randomly saying hello.