I'm back. [Yes, I was away ... and now I'm returned unto you ...and I'm just going to assume you missed me ... then we can move on with our relationship in tact].
I spent a few hours yesterday uploading the photos we took on our long weekend and I got to thinking that I needed to coin a new phrase to explain some of the photos I'd taken ...
It would be a phrase along the lines of existing phrases such as:
- As sure as night follows day;
- If you pay peanuts ... you get monkeys; and
- If you sleep with dogs ... you wake up with fleas;
So, the new phrase would go something like:
- If you go on holiday with a scrapbooker ... you should expect to pose for at least one 'Look, it's us ... in shadow!' shot:
- If you turn your back on an unattended, camera-weilding, scrapbooker ... expect to discover lots of candid 'I didn't know you were taking that' type shots on your memory card.
- If you're trying to pick a scrapbooker out of a crowd ... just look for the person who is taking a photo of a person taking a photo ...
- If you go on holiday with a scrapbooker ... don't be surprised, when unpacking in the hotel room, to find an alphabet sticker nonchalantly stuck to the back of one of your shoes:
A Basic Grey letter 'O' nonchalantly stuck to the back of your shoe ... to be precise:
It's a natural consequence of life with a scrapbooker.
Wouldn't you say?
So, what traces of scrapbooker do you regularly leave on your camera's memory card or even on your family's footwear? Do share ... I know it's not just me ...