Sunday 17 July 2011

Going Postal: The Great Big Stitched Postcard Swap

Hi, hi.

Over the next few weeks I'll be bringing you info on various other postal-themed projects going on at the moment which you can get involved with.

Let's start with something for those of you who - as I do - like postcards ...  and stitching ... and therefore should love:
Click image to see the full details from Do What You Love
The Great Big Stitched Postcard Swap is hosted by the inspirational creative-businesswoman Beth Nicholls from Do What You Love.

 Beth says:
"The Great Big Stitched Postcard Swap is back! Join in, make a stitched postcard and receive some gorgeous stitched loveliness in the post from somewhere else in the world! 

For this swap (the fourth!) the theme is BLOOM. 

You can use any materials you like (paper, ink, fabric, ephemera, ribbon etc) , and put it together anyway you like to make a postcard. You can include ‘stitches’ any way you like – with a machine or by hand."

If that sound like something you could get your creative-postage-loving hands around, then visit the swap page of Beth's site for the full details.

But don't leave it too long ... you need to sign-up by July 27th [then you get time to make the postcard before having to post it on].

You can catch up with Beth's other ventures on her website, on the Do What You Love Facebook Page and on Twitter.

----------------------------------------------

If you know of any more interactive postal projects feel free to share links in the comments or via Twitter so everyone can see.

On Twitter I'm currently using the hashtag #GoingPostal ... even though it takes you to all kinds of other things! But as long as you @ me, I'll see it.

---------------------------------------------

I'll be back tomorrow for a spot of scrapbooking with the first of several ways to add postal paraphenalia to your pages.

See you then then.

Julie :-)

2 comments:

  1. I am going to have to check it out as I have never done a swap like this before but I am currently working on a page for this series :) Will share as soon as I can! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, just been looking through the flickr gallery for the previous swaps and there is some gorgeous work out there.
    Not enough time to plan to join in with the swap...but I may hold onto the idea of stitched postcards and try some out when I can.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment, asking me a question, sharing your own story or just randomly saying hello.