Throughout this series I've been trying to show purple in a new light by offering a few unexpected colour combinations and suggesting modern, casual ways to use it .... but then ...
... I put together this palette:
And I think it's the most traditional one yet. I'm contrary like that!
The colours are actually taken from the birthday card I made for my Mam last month:
And, it looks like something in the traditional colour-combinations have rubbed off on the design too as this isn't entirely my usual cardmaking style. However, it's retro in feel ... and that is my style.
I really wanted to use this illustration from a children's comic because [without the lamb] it looks quite like photos of my Mam when she was little:
Another thing which again, does feel like me, is the mix of white with cream I've used. I know sometimes this is classed as a no-no, but I like the effect. I like that the cream warms-up the white while the white adds a clean feel to the cream.
And, in such a traditional colour-scheme, the purple here seems to take care of itself!
Here's a few of the supplies I used:
- There's only 3 weeks of purple posts remaining, but the Pinterest board will stay where it is indefinitely.
In other news ....
- I finally worked out how to install a Facebook Page 'Like' box on here!
- So if you'd like to Like my page [where I'll be posting about various paper products from my shop], then it's over in my sidebar. I'd be very happy to see your face hovering there!
- I'm working on Purple Phase posts and Plundered Pages packs;
- I need to make a layout to go with the story I'm preparing to blog for Sian's Storytelling Sunday;
- and I'm going to a birdwatching event called Soup + Starlings!
Do your weekend plans involve picking out pretty purple papers? Or cooking cute cupcakes? Or just simply sleeping soundly?
Whatever it is, thanks for stopping by today, I'll see you very soon.