I thought I'd start the week with a look at how I've used purple in my bedroom and, if you read yesterday's post, about the heirloom I keep on my chest of drawers, then you might just recognise something in one of the photos later on.
As I've mentioned
If I told you my bedroom was pink and purple ... I fear you'd get the wrong idea.
I fear you'd start picturing it as something resembling the terrifying plastic kingdom which is the little girls' aisle of Toys R Us.
But, I'm very happy to report, that that's not what it looks like. No, it looks like this:
Because I'm flighty and contrary and liable to change my mind about things our bedroom is a permanent blank canvas:
- all white walls [although I think they could've added 'finding the right shade of white paint' to the list of Hercules's Labours - it was that hard!];
- light neutral carpet;
- white wardrobes and bedside tables;
- white blackout blind - no curtains;
- wooden chest of drawers.
On to this neutral base I can add any set colours I choose without having to redecorate and a simple change of bedding can change the entire feel of the room.
This is one of my favourite combinations - especially as they didn't come as part of a set - I just found them, loved them and combined them:
Now, let me spin you around from facing the bed, so you can see the drawers at the end of the bed:
I think it's this combination of the purple against the wood that gave me my ideas about purple / natural textures I've been referrig to throughout the series. That and the purple cushions on my brown leather settee [which I might try to squeeze in before the end of the series!].
Now, before I go here's a peek at where the pot I inherited from my Grandma, the subject of yesterday's post, now resides:
My Grandma also liked lots of colours and patterns, so I think she'd approve of her ornament's new home.
So, now that I've shown you around my bedroom I guess we really know one another! If nothing else if you're someone who finds patterns difficult, I hope it gave you a few ideas about how much fun mixing them can be.
[Either that or you're sat there wondering how on earth I sleep with all those print clashes going on!]
I'll be back in a day or two with another outfit post, until then I should mention that:
- I've added more themed paper packs to my shop today. There were more, but I'm delighted to say that they've already sold! So do have a glance if you've got time.
- If they're not for you ...maybe you might find a Christmas gift for a creative friend amongst them.
- And, if there's a particular theme - or combination of themes - you'd like I'm actually going to work on a questionnaire to help people choose a custom pack but until then, just have a think and get in touch. [By email or etsy convo, either is fine with me].
OK, I'm going to leave you be for now. I hope you're warm and cosy - it was most definitely a Winter's day here today complete with frost and the need to wear gloves!
See you soon.