You know how I like the occasional themed series here don't you? I even advocated the use of them in my Push-Up Bra Blogging series - see if you remember this from Chapter 10 'The Freezer Meals Approach':
"And if you've got more material on a similar subject, eg. you've made a set of matching items, or in variations of colour, using a similar method etc etc:
- that's still no reason to blog them all in one post!
- put a feather in its cap and call it 'a mini-series'
- then space them out over a week ... or whatever."
*Remember that you can get 10% off any order from my shop [until the evening of Monday 22nd July 2013] by using the code SHORTSINPUBLIC when you checkout. So you can get your hands on some new/old book pages for less!
Now let's start off today's 'Snippets of Words' examples with this ...
- covering the front of an average 5x7 ish greeting card blank with patterned paper then ...
- slicing it up into smaller cards measuring just over 1" each
- it's a bit like when you make a patchwork quilt and slice up a larger piece into strips to save on the faffing about!! If that makes any sense!
A box full of these super-slim-scrap-cards on your desk can act as ...
- a quick supply of gift tags - adding an instant, handmade finishing touch to any parcel;
- business cards [eg. if you're attending a craft show or networking event]: just stamp your contact details on the inside
- a ready-made 'Thank you' or 'Hello' inside a parcel
- a secret message left somewhere in public ... as a little treat for a passer by to find [I've never done this ... but admire people who do! It's nice to be nice for no reason isn't it?]
- they're small, portable, easy to store
- they use up scraps aka: the holy grail of crafting projects!
- they're one-of-a-kind
- they're a personal touch that shows some thought ... even thought they're super quick to throw together.
There'll be more Snippets of Words posts next week, along with a mix of Scavenger Hunt and Simply A Moment catch-ups too.
See you then then.