When I ended June's Month in Numbers post yesterday I promised you the new month would bring with it a new Month in Numbers activity for us all to take part in and so ...
... welcome to both July and the inaugural Month in Numbers Communal Count!
[A word to the wise: if you ever plan to write about the Communal Count on your blog - which would be perfectly lovely - may I firmly suggest you proof read your post veeeeeerrrry carefully. One lost vowel and we'll be in a whole world of trouble. Just saying ... ]
Thank you so much for all your great suggestions for the kinds of things we could all count up throughout the months to compare and contrast in our Month in Numbers posts.
I've made a list of them all - shuffled them into several categories - and you'll gradually see questions inspired by them appearing here over the months to come.
Even with taking suggestions from so many of you - there are always going to be categories that you just don't fit into to ... but in an attempt to please more of the people more of the time ... I've decided to offer up 2 options per month ... so you can choose the best fit for you.
And here are the first 2 options:
|*Pin or save this for future reference|
- you're welcome to answer either, neither, or both!
- it really is entirely up to you
- you're welcome to interpret them however you like - you might want to count up everyday in the month, or just pick out one day where you'll do a spot-check and write down the number. Whatever you choose is fine!
- at the end of July you're welcome to just join in with your responses to these shorter questions by leaving a comment on my July Month in Numbers post
- OR - join in with your response on my Facebook page where I'll also post this month's questions
And if one/both of the subjects don't apply ... don't let that stop you joining in!!
REMEMBER: My Month in Numbers is never really just about the numbers
- it's more like how a combination lock unlocks the chain around your bike wheels
- and how your PIN number unlocks your bank account ...
- these numbers are just a 'way in' to the fun stuff, the important stuff ...
- they crack open the story of your day-to-day life and allow you to share it with your online friends.
- you don't think you can answer one of this month's questions because you don't carry a bag around with you, or you don't take any photos.
- "0 = the number of items I carried around in an everyday bag because ______and_______ but if _______ then _____ and maybe ______"
- Or something like that!
- Even if your number was 'zero' ... your story counts just as much as if it was 500.
So, get that bag and/or camera out ... and your notebook ... and get communally counting in July!