Do you own some decorative paper tapes? Like washi?
[And by 'some tapes' I mean 'an ever-expanding planet-sized amount of tapes'.]
It's addictive isn't it.
BTW: If you're a washi fan and you're reading this between 9th - 15th June 2014 then you're in luck ... I've teamed up with Chamby and Cor a wonderful purveyor of washi to bring you a tape themed giveaway this week so - if you haven't already then dohop over to this post for all the details!!
It's so small, pretty and pick-up-and-pop-in-my-basket-able isn't it?
So very just-one-more-won't-break-the-bank-ish.
And so in light of its irresistible allure it's always useful to have a new idea for what you can actually do with it!!
This way you can either:
- (a) feel wholesome about using it up ... OR ...
- (b) simply use it up so you've got a great excuse to buy some more!
HOW TO: Turn scraps of washi into crazy-quilt style embellishments
Why not 'Pin' this photo-tutorial for future reference? Or share it on social media. [That's a polite way of me saying 'Pin it!! Go on, do me a favour. Share my tutorial won't you? Pin it! Pin it!!! Oh, have I already suggested that?']
Here it is ...
And finally ...
- This is one of those projects that you can have on the go for a while and which can fit in alongside other crafty 'doings'.
- Collect up the scraps over time, just keep some paper nearby to keep adding to then, once it's complete just put to one side and emboss + die-cut whenever you've got the machine out for something else.
- This way you can gradually and painlessly keep topping up your supply of these fun, colourful embellishments and use them whenever you want something just that little bit different!
And don't forget to enter the washi tape and storage giveaway!