Saturday 15 October 2011

Overheard: It's OK, the council make them from fairy pillows.

Hi.

I thought it was about time I shared an Overheard with you - which I'll do any minute now - but you should know: I'm trying to eek them out and ration them because my back-catalogue is getting smaller ... my campus overheards are becoming quite rare! An endangered species.

I don't know what I've been doing wrong lately but I either need to start hanging around in more lectures and cafes on campus ... or I need to clean out my ears. I'll see if I can do both over the next few weeks, until which time, here's one I heard earlier ...

Scene: I was crossing the campus [on 19.02.10 to be precise - yes, I do keep such detailed records, thanks for asking] behind a group of students discussing the frosty, icy, weather when one of them shared this ...

Male student: "I slipped and nutted our front door."

Now ... at this point in his tale you might be thinking something along the lines of  'Ouch', 'Nasty', 'Sounds like a lucky escape', 'I wonder if it left a bruise' ... but, really, there's no need to fret about the possibility of brain damage, for, as he went on ...

 "But it’s one of the council doors. Not a solid oak one ... so I didn’t mind that much."

You know that phrase 'where there's no sense, there's no feeling'? Yeah ... that.

:-)

Julie

7 comments:

  1. Good one - I can picture the scene clearly :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! Your title is just perfection for this one! Thanks for the giggle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol, that made me chuckle.
    C
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely Julie!!

    So funny - and the title is defintely a crowd-puller... I was so intrigued that I clicked the link straight away!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for making me smile....I like this one!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've got a smile on my face - and love the accompanying photo. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment, asking me a question, sharing your own story or just randomly saying hello.