Tuesday 4 March 2014

Scrapbooking: When fiction meets fashion


Hi there.

So tell me ... where do your classic literature loyalties (and hearts) lie? Are they with Mr Darcy? Mr Rochester? Heathcliff?

But while I'm sure they're all very serviceable companions in some ways (if you like moody men) personally my heart belongs to Mr Knightley:
Believe it or not I was actually very fond of Jane Austen's Mr Knightley even before he was played by Jonny Lee Miller. I loved him from the first time I met him when I had to read Emma for my English degree. But when Mr Miller played him ... well, that kind of sealed the deal for me!

OK, I'm distracted now. What was the reason behind this blog post again??? Ah, yes ... scrapbooking ...
At first glance you might think I was going for a full-on 'pensive Austen heroine' pose here ...
... when actually it just captured me in a break from my quiz-show hostess duties! Remember the Only Connect post-it note interactive boards from my January Month in Numbers? You can hop over there for a wider angle view of what was really happening beyond this close-up!

However ... it did give me a good opportunity to tell the story inspired by what I was wearing ...
 ... which had triggered in me a spot of Emma-style day dreaming:
You'll be the first to know if there are any developments on this matter ...

--------------------------------------------------------
I'm now tempted to ask ...

Have you ever captured the story behind an outfit or item of clothing in your scrapbooking?

I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one whose love of layers, colours and patterns crosses over from dressing myself into dressing my pages!

Let me know and/or link me up.

Thanks for dropping in today.

Julie x
--------------------------------------------------------

As well as giving me the chance to combine 3 of my favourite things: clothes, Jonny Lee Miller and scrapbooking, this project was also one of my 3DJean Design Team post for this month. To find out more details about the 3DJean supplies I used you can view my post here.

The paper doll clothes were cut from the book Pride and Prejudice Paper Dolls by Brenda Sneathen Mattox. (A rare thing in my collection ... a book you're actually meant to cut up!!)

6 comments:

  1. Well, what's not to love about this? paper dolls, dressing up, Jane Austen..all my favourites. I'm pinning it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a huge Jane Austin fan I love the lo & the outfit xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fab layout & story Julie.
    C xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. love this version but my fave all time adaptation plus none is Clueless just because it is so funny. And Paul Rudd is hot
    Jo xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with Sian...what's not to absolutely love about this LO and post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant! Though I draw the line at Heathcliffe. Such a splendid page and I thought you were teasing when you said the dolls were from a Jane Austin pack. I think you'd fit the bill very nicely for,a film role :).

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment, asking me a question, sharing your own story or just randomly saying hello.