So, why purple? Well, a few reasons.
- Recently, while stood staring at my clothes trying to decide what to wear [note: this isn't at all an unusual sight in our house] I realised just how many of my dresses had purple in them somewhere.
- Prior to that, if you'd asked me if I wear a lot of purple I'd have said no.
- I had a Twitter conversation about 'what colour do you find yourself returning to?' where I mentioned purple.
- The response to this revealed that lots of people struggle to use it, even going so far as to say it's the hardest colour to work with.
- because, as you might have guessed from my attempts to get people to embrace Twitter, or to look into Design Team opportunites ... I like fighting a corner. Persuading. Coaching ... cajoling.
Between now and the end of Autumn I'll be scattering purple posts throughout my regular blogging schedule. There'll be posts featuring:
- Scrapbooking + cardmaking with purple;
- Wearing purple;
- Accessorising with purple;
- Living with purple;
- And anything else which catches my eye!
- general effective colour combinations featuring purple;
- how to make purple 'work' in crafting;
- ways to introduce purple to an existing wardrobe [without looking like you've won 1st prize in a Barney look-a-like competition.]
So, if you like purple - this will be a series might just be for you. But if you currently HATE purple ...
- then this series is DEFINITELY for you!
It's not going to be like that here. I promise. I hope to show that you can introduce purple into a purple-free life in some subtle and useful ways.
OK, you get the picture. I'll best go and prepare something plummy for you. But before I go ... ever since deciding I'd start this series I've had a certain song going around and around and around in my head ... and I don't see why you should miss out on that ... did someone mention wearing purple?
Non-purple blogging shall resume later. Until then ... all together now ... start wearing purple, wearing purple ... na na na na naaaaaa ...