Monday 20 February 2012

A Month of Sunrays: Marcel the shell with shoes on

Hello, hello.

How's things? Really?

I thought that for today's Month of Sunray's post I'd share something to brighten your day, whether you need your day brightening or not [even good days can be improved upon!].

It's something that never fails to make me smile ... and I hope that it does the same for you. No, hang on, that's not strong enough.

'Smile' doesn't cover it.
These videos don't merely make me smile ... they've been known to make me hoot, holler, grin, giggle, splutter, snort, beam, cry and laugh out loud.

They're short films, part animated, about Marcel ... the shell with shoes on by Dean Fleischer-Camp and Jenny Slate. If you've not seen them, settle in for the next 10 minutes and treat yourself.

And if you have seen them already. Throw caution to the wind ... watch them again.

I just did.

And I laughed. Again. For the millionth time. [In fact, while laughing just now James turned, saw what I was watching and said 'You have seen that before, you know?'.

I know.

And it makes no difference!

See what you think ... here's the first film:

And now there's a second helping.

If you'd like to know what I'm like around dogs ... pay close attention to Marcel's behaviour at around 2.30mins into this [and you'll also learn how the phrase "Oh God, I can smell his face" made its way into everyday language around here!]

Marcel also has a book which you can read about here on the Penguin site where you can also read more about Marcel and his creators. The only thing I don't understand about the site is that he's listed as part of the 'Young Readers' section.

Because, for me, Marcel is for life, not just for childhood!

I hope you love him too. [But it won't change my mind if you don't!]

Enjoy!

Julie x

6 comments:

  1. Oh my, I am sitting here with a MAHOOSIVE grin on my face! Marcel is just awesome! Absolute genius. Thanks for sharing :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good. We like Weebls-stuff (or some of it). They have a lot of videos on YouTube too.
    This one makes us smile... http://www.weebls-stuff.com/songs/giraffe/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I''m late for work and I'm blaming it on you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for sharing this - hilarious!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I second Azteclady--these videos totally made me late for work! (and they were worth it--I did, in fact, need a smile this morning and it was wonderful!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well I needed cheering up and you've done it - thanks :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment, asking me a question, sharing your own story or just randomly saying hello.