Thursday 16 February 2012

A Month of Sunrays: with special guest Kim Dellow

Hi, hi, hi.

Today's Month of Sunrays is brought to you by the letter 'S', in the form of a mix of:
  • Sunshine,
  • Sardines ...
  • and a Super Special guest!
Please welcome the very talented Kim Dellow:
If you don't already know Kim's work, do make sure to have a browse around her blog ... just as soon as you've cast your eyes on the project she created especially for A Month of Sunrays.

I'll let Kim to speak for herself now ...
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Guest blogger: Kim Dellow

I'm a UK-based artist-crafter-blogger living in London. I started my crafty journey in 2007 as a cardmaker but I've been expanding out into mixed media - I just love paint, stitch, paper, fabric and all things messy. I'm a bit of a chameleon and try my hand at all sorts of different styles and techniques.

I've been very lucky working with some great companies as a design team member and also with some fabulous UK craft magazines.

But mainly I'm just enjoying the journey and seeing where it goes.
'Catching Sunbeams': An altered tin project

Hello Sunbeams, Kim Dellow here all sunshiney and excited to share some rays in Julie's wonderful A Month Of Sunrays! Thanks Julie for inviting me along. Just totally what we all need at the moment, don't you think? I'm loving all your Sunrays on the Pinterest board, yellow is just a wonderful colour isn't it?

I thought I would capture some sun in an altered sardine tin, as you do!
It is very strange but before I got the email from Julie asking if I fancied participating, I kid you not, I had this image of a large yellow sun in my head but it hadn't quite worked out what it was going to be, it was waiting for A Month Of Sunrays!
I have this thing about the unexpected and 3D, touchy-feely art so a large sun in a sardine tin with the sentiment reaching out to the viewer drawing you in to the lovely yellow heat is so up my street!
The inside of the tin and the sun have been covered with Washi Tape which is another firm favourite of mine.

Hope you are enjoying your Month Of Sunrays and if you are interested you can always find me: 
Catch you later!

Kim.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------


Well then first things first:
  • Thank you Kim!!
  • Your project is such a treat - I love it!! A lot.
  • It's been an absolute pleasure to have you drop in and share your work here, I'm very grateful.  
Secondly:
  • I neeeeeeeeed to get some washi tapes. I mean, I've always needed to ... but now it's absolutely imperative! A necessity! 
  • The way Kim's used it to cover the awkward shape of the inside of a sardine tin is inspired. Anything that looks that good, but which is speedy and self-adhesive is an ideal material for someone as haphazard and impatient as me!
If you get a minute, please grab the chance to leave a comment for Kimand her project today. Thanks!

I'll be back soon.

Julie :-)

11 comments:

  1. I know Kim's blog well and love her altered sardine tins! The bursting sun in this one is just fab.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous idea Kim, perfect for the month of Sunraya, very clever and well thought out. Tray z

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops that is supposed to say sunrays and oh Tracy, having a bad day LOL. Tracy x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is such a unique and creative idea ... never would have thought that an old boring an fishy tin could look so creatively beautiful ...
    Hugs
    Desire

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is such a great idea to use washi tape to cover the inside of tin, I would never have thought of doing that. I love Kim's burst of sunshine :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This put a smile on my face (and now I'm kind of sorry I chose cheese for lunch, because I do love sardines!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I follow Kim's blog and ended up over here! Thanks for having her as a guest today. I'm going to check out the month of Sunrays. What a great project.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful idea! See, that's raw talent. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A great idea and the sunshine in a tin is perfect.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment, asking me a question, sharing your own story or just randomly saying hello.