Monday 27 February 2012

A Month of Sunrays: Scrapbook page 'Among Mad People'

Hello.

Other than a numerical round-up, in Wednesday's Month in Numbers post, this is the final installment of A Month of Sunrays and I wanted to bow out with something completely bright and happy-making.

Something like this:
I've scrapped a photo of me in this costume before, [which you can see here should you wish], but I really wanted to scrap this group shot ... if only to prove I wasn't alone in the Alice madness.

It was taken almost exactly one year ago on one of the twice yearly crafting-in-a-cottage trips I go on with friends. This particular time the theme was 'Alice in Wonderland' and, unbeknown to any of us, one friend crammed these costumes into the back of her car for us to have great fun squeezing into:
ETA: just realised I must have been channelling the MadHatter when I did my journaling on this - 'I'm late, I'm late for a very important date' - because I've written the wrong year on this!
My most vivid memories of the whole escapade are:
  •  the struggles eople had getting both in - and out of - the Tweedle Dum and Tweedle Dee outfits;
  • and also that, where we posed for these photos, we were just by a country road and I spent much of the time wondering when a bus, or perhaps a group of ramblers, might drift by us with the passengers rubbing their eyes at the sight, pinching themselves to see if they're dreaming while the walkers are left wondering if they had accidentally fallen down a rabbit hole ....
When I found this quote, from Alice's Adventures in Wonderland:

It was too perfect not to use:
I actually began this layout when I was running my Purple Phase series last Autumn, but I didn't get around to finishing it in time.

I made it to demonstrate how purple combines nicely [if unashamedly brightly] with yellow. But now ... now I'm using it to show that yellow combines nicely [if unashamedly brightly] with purple! ;-)

----------------------------------------

I just want to say a big Thank You for the cheerful, happy, welcoming, shiny and bright response you've given to this series.
Whenever I announce"Hey, this is what I'm doing this month, you can join me if you fancy it", I'm always amazed / relieved / grateful that some you do! You join me, you share the idea, then your readers join me and suddenly everyone's talking about yellow, or purple, or postage stamps ... It's fun. A lot of fun.

I love blogging and I'd do it even if you weren't there, on the other side of this screen I'm typing into. But luckily you are there, so ... thanks!  

As I said at the top, I'll do a quick statistical summary of the series in Wednesday's post, but until then ...

I hope the sun's shining on you today. And if it isn't, I know where you can find some virtual rays if you need them.

See you tomorrow.

Jx

p.s: I have at least 3 clear ideas for topics I'm going to use for the next themed series ... so there'll be another one on its way at some point this year. :-)

9 comments:

  1. What a lovely,bright page,Julie.
    I've really enjoyed your 'yellow' month...and to top it off we've had a lovely sunny weekend here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved your month of sunrays - it certainly brightened my month and I enjoyed joining in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats fab Julie. I have really enjoyed this series

    I have a layout for the UKS weekly challenge my crop is setting which might just have enough yellow on to be included

    http://suzycad.blogspot.com/2012/02/ek-crop-challenge.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for brightening my month - I've really enjoyed your posts and an extra thank you for the Marcel the Shell link :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for adding a bit of cheeriness to what has mostly been a cold and miserable February. Can't wait to see what you have planned next :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That layout is fab, so bright and colourful. Love the yellow and purple! I have really enjoyed your month of sunrays and look forward to see what you come up with for your next themed series.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great page Julie, I love it! I have a yellow page coming up soon too and will share - great colour! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. fabulous LO. really stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE this page, it's so funky and bright and gorgeous! Thanks for your Feb series, although I haven't had a lot of time to particiapte I've enjoyed your posts and I too have noticed how much yellow I have around me!

    Annie x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment, asking me a question, sharing your own story or just randomly saying hello.