Tuesday 7 February 2012

A Month of Sunrays: A sun-filled printer's tray

Hi again.

Today's project is something I made back in November when I was on a weekend crafting break with friends where we each decorated our own Tando Creative Mini Printer's Tray in our own style:

If I tell you that everyone else made a Christmas themed tray you'd be right in thinking that:
  1. I don't much care for Christmas crafting ... [especially after having worked on festive projects from June onwards for various magazines]. And also ...
  2. I really will take any opportunity to make a yellow and/or sunshine themed project given the chance [it's definitely not somethign I'm acting out for this series!].
It was one of those projects where I used things that could be considered as 'Best', those special things which you're never entirely sure you should glue down anywhere ... just in case you need them for something else!

But here they are anyway:
They included the original vintage cigarette card and the cute bear cut from a 1970s children's annual [above].  [Which are also the kind of things which end up in my Plundered Pages packs].

And there were the lovely flowers and cabochon another friend sent me in a recent stash swap [thanks Sharmaine!]:
 The stamped banner above is from my current favourite stamp set - the My Mind's Eye 'Happy Days' set from the Kraft Funday range and was stamped onto yellow patterned paper.

This particular chipboard tray actually came with a cover you could attach to create more of a bookish feel to it, but as I want mine to hang on the wall I left that off and added a hanging loop made from a tiny tape measure.

And finally ...

... there's nothing even remotely grim or macabre about a skull & crossbones when it's a yellow one! [Edited to add: Louise asked about where I got the skull from, it's a chipboard button from Such Sweet Tierney]

I like my little tray. A lot. It was a great way to capture all those items and papers which make me happy in one 15cm square space!

Julie :-)
-------------------------------------------------------

p.s: As well as being part of this:
... my project today is also my Design Team project for the 3DJean shop blog this month [the blog's called Scattered Scarlet and can be found here].

The printer tray I used and other similar board frames and trays can be found at 3DJean here.

12 comments:

  1. How totally cool is that. I just love it and yes even the skull and crossbones does look friendly in yellow. I love the cigarette card - we were just having a discussion in the office last week about what people call the dandielion seed heads lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. great work! so full of energy and so beautiful! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is stunning - a great way to present all those special bits and pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fab. I love the colour choice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love what you've done here....and I may even be beginning to like yellow!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cute, I'm glad you didn't choose a Christmas theme, this is so much more interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely! I found a little tray last week - housing a bargain selection of fruit and nuts in Sainsburys...

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's lovely Julie, I have a couple of small printers trays that I really should get on with.
    C xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this feature and that is a fabulous bit of sunshine on dreich day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's very sweet! I love the way the bicycle is half-hidden in the background ...

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautifully made Julie - were did you find your yellow skull and crossbones badge? I'll be rummaging through the boys bedrooms now because I'm sure I've seen a similar badge lurking around!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic project!! love the design & quirky details. I've been looking for an excuse to stop lurking & come out into the light & your latest series seemed like the perfect opportunity. Thanks for the inspiration x

    My contribution to your month of sunrays is...here TFL!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment, asking me a question, sharing your own story or just randomly saying hello.