Wednesday 9 October 2013

Cardmaking: with vintage images + stationery [and a mole postman thrown in for good luck!]


Hi, hi, hi.

So far in this year's Going Postal series I've made projects using vintage postage stamps and vintage postcards and ... well ... it's about time I reverted to type and shared something I made with vintage book pages ... so how about this?
The central image is from a 'Katie Mouse' story from a 1970s children's annual and it was the starting point for the colours across the rest of the card.

There's probably not a lot for me to explain about the rest of the card's construction... it was a 'thank you' to someone who kindly sent me a bundle of pages of stationery so I reflected some of those elements in there along with a 'snippet' cut from an old school book:
The rest is just layers of patterned paper, a journaling block, washi tape ... and a paperclip:
Oh and ... I added the little 'Hi' message on the letter being delivered by the mole postman:
Now there's a sentence you don't ever think you're going to catch yourself writing ...!

If you'd like to browse for some inspiring vintage images to introduce into your paper-crafting then check out the 'Vintage Paper Packs' section of my shop ... or commission a custom pack based on something specific you'd like to use!

Or if you'd like an 'Instant Collection' of vintage stamps to use in your crafts you can find those here.

I'll see you on Friday with a rainbow of stamps!

Julie :-)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
If you join in with a posty post of your own:
  • let your readers know you're Going Postal [a few words of introduction is fine];
  • link up to my blog or the Going Postal Pinterest board where I'll be saving your post.
  • then - if you use Pinterest please consider pinning it to one of your own boards, link me up, and I'll 're-pin' it.
  • but - if you DON'T use Pinterest drop by here or my Facebook page and leave a link to your postal-themed project or story before Oct 27th and I'll add you to the board for all to share your contribution.
  • The Going Postal Pinterest board has close to 800 followers ... so this could be a fun way to get your blog seen by some new eyes!
Any problems or questions - just get in touch. :-)

2 comments:

  1. Love it! Such a cute image!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha ha. A fun card.

    I've linked up to you today with postal inspired christmas cards. Thanks for the inspirational posts x have a lovely weekend

    http://scrapbook-me.blogspot.co.uk/2013/10/six-cards-on-sixth.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment, asking me a question, sharing your own story or just randomly saying hello.