Tuesday 29 May 2012

Anniversary card: 'Love You'

Hi, hi.

This project seems to fit with my unintentionally recurring theme this month: cards for men.

I put together the first new Plundered Pages card making kits with male-friendly cards in mind [and I'll be adding more today]. Also, last week I shared the card I made for James's birthday complete with a few ideas on embellishing cards with men in mind [ie. without frills + glittery bits].

And now today's card continues the idea [however, I've just realised that I'm contradicting myself as this card does indeed have glittery bits ... you probably shouldn't listen to anything I've got to say ...]. But if you're still listening ...

We had a notable anniversary round here this month, which called for an anniversary card:

It wasn't a wedding anniversary, [turns out you have to have had a wedding to have one of those ...] rather it marks the anniversary of our first official 'date'. Which was both a delightfully and incomprehensibly long time ago now:   
The 'love you' was cut from an old book as was the text paper [below]. It's is a page from one of my favourite finds - the 'Standard Decimal Reckoner' - a book produced to help people convert prices when decimalisation was introduced, but which I use for its lovely number backgrounds. Especially useful to pick out special dates:
The other papers are Basic Grey 'What's Up' and a tiny snippet of 'PB+J' in the 'Love you' frame. I'm having a renewed love-affair with Basic Grey ranges at the moment [sshhhh, James need never know ....].

And here are those aforementioned glittery bits ... along with an Idea-ology 'Trinket Pin':
In the interest of completeness: the 'Thank you for ...' sentiment is a Jillibean Soup 'Soup Label'; the large number card is by 7Gypsies and the sunshine design tag is from the Cosmo Cricket '2wenty Thr3e' Element Deck and I cut the heart from corrugated card using the X-Cut 'Homespun Heart' die..

And here, once again, is how it came together in the end:

Glittery bits aside ... I think it worked OK for a man's card.

And a rather special man at that.
--------------------------------------------------

If all this talk of dates and anniversaries has whetted your number-whistle, then you're welcome to join the growing band of My Month in Numbers bloggers this month. I'll be sharing my post on Thursday but you can join in any time.

Soon.

Julie :-)

4 comments:

  1. Here's to the next twenty, then (and the twenty after that..)! It's a perfect card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, I love that background paper, and the framed 'love you' and the sunshine. So many pretty (sorry, manly!) details! Happy anniversary! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the reminder about month in numbers and congratulations on your 20th anniversary.

    1992 must have been a good year as that is when the wonderful Mr P waltzed into my life and thankfully stuck around!

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the card. Happy (belated) anniversary :)

    Jen G
    Sarahscards

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment, asking me a question, sharing your own story or just randomly saying hello.