Sunday 13 May 2012

Going Postal 2012: Introducing the Second Post!

Hello, hello.

It's a touch earlier than I planned but welcome to another week filled with all things postal related!
Turns out I've got that much to share I thought I'd better introduce things a day early, to fit it all in.

Last summer my original Going Postal series consisted of 4 weeks of projects using postage stamps, envelopes and junk mail, lots of inspiration posts in between, blog readers contributing their own examples ... and some lovely prizes too [you can still visit all the posts on the Going Postal Pinterest board here].
As for this week ... well, it may be shorter - a sort of booster injection to metaphorically top-up your mail boxes - but I promise it will feature the same elements. Actually no, I can't promise it will contain posts by other bloggers ... because that bit's out of my hands ... in fact, it's actually your job.

Here's how you can get involved:
  • Blog a new post inspired by anything postal related;
  • If you won a postal-themed prize last year maybe you'd like to share a project you made with your prize?
  • Or if you've been stuck for creative / blogging ideas why not take inspiration from whatever drops on to your doormat tomorrow morning?
Last year people contributed craft projects; photographs of old letters + correspondence; vintage postcard collections ... and more. It's entirely up to you!
  • Somewhere in your post add a link to this series [you can link to this post, my blog in general or the Pinterest board];
  • Leave me a comment / or tweet me directions to your post;
Then:
  • I will visit your post then pin it to the board to share it with other postal-inspired folk;
  • [The Going Postal board currently has 627 followers, so anything pinned there will get noticed by at least a few new pairs of eyes!]
Alternatively...
If you don't have time for a full blog post or simply if you prefer it ....

What I'll be delivering this week:

All new examples of :
  • card making and
  • art journal pages - all using postal ephemera;
  • some new postal themed Plundered Pages packs;
  • and an exciting giveaway for anyone who likes postal-themed papers and rubber stamps! 
So, be sure to drop in on me during the week to be in with a chance of winning and to pick up some ideas which might just change the way you feel about receiving junk mail!

See you tomorrow, bright and early for the first post of the series ...[pun intended].

Julie  :-)

5 comments:

  1. sounds like fun, will be looking forward to the post for a change!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am too looking forward to this coming week! I have really enjoyed the last one and I have prepared a couple of posts to play along :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've written one post ready for tomorrow. Looking forward to taking part.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what fun, I enjoyed last years!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved Going Postal the first time around. Looking forward to seeing what's up your sleeve? Or in you mail sack, maybe? :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment, asking me a question, sharing your own story or just randomly saying hello.