Tuesday 26 February 2013

Scrapbooking: A Vintage Start [with a hint of circus]


Hi, hi.

First of all ... thank you so much for all your responses to my 'nesting crafter' post earlier this week! I am amazed at how many similar responses there were and I really hadn't expected to find that many fellow off-piste [and on knee] creatives!

If you didn't catch the post first time around, drop in on it here, and read through the comments to have a nosey behind the closed doors of crafters who confess all about the crafty nests they've created for themselves at home.

Now then ... coincidentally enough today's page was begun on the comfort of an entire, vast, table to myself at the monthly crop I attend, but had its finishing touches added on a lap-tray, on my lap, in front of the TV.

And here's how it turned out:
You might remember the photo from January's Month in Numbers post when I described how we somehow managed to come home from celebrating the New Year ... with a bowler hat. but not before we'd all posed for photos in them:
I added a vintagey feel to the original photos by using the 'Sepia' and 'Vignette' features on Picasa and playing a round with the brightness [which is a lot, lot, easier than it sounds if you've never tried it ... and it's a free package!].

The backing paper is Studio Calico 'Darling Dear - Wayne' which I mixedt ogehter with some scraps of corrugated card plus red + white chequerboard items from Papermania's 'Happy Days' range.
And the fun Penny Farthing image card [because when else was I going to use a Penny Farthing] is Kaisercraft 'Miss Match - Knick Knacks'.

What with the bike, the hats and the mix of red, gold and stripes - courtesy of the Little Miss Military embellishment kit - I think there's more than a hint of 'Roll up, roll up, step inside the Big Top' about this page:
But if you can't go 'a bit circus-y' at New Year then I don't know when you can!

------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's a better look at the Little Miss Military kit which is available to purchase here:

 
 
Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to go practise my trapeze act ...
 
Julie ;-)

5 comments:

  1. The red with those neutral vintage-y colours adds a bright pop and yes, The Big Top comes to mind! The little bit of stripey tape or ribbon top left reminds me of the sort that usually has a medal on the end - fits beautifully. But, what, no zebras? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks to me like you are definitely off to join the circus! It's a gorgeous mix of bits and bowlers :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the page & the bowler hat... I need one of those.
    C xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. The hats are fantastic! And the bicycle and other embellies are perfect.
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your crafting style is so much fun. Great eye for detail. This one is so cute.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment, asking me a question, sharing your own story or just randomly saying hello.