Thursday 23 June 2011

Art Journal Challenge Week 20: Food

Hi, hi.

Another day ... another UKStampers weekly challenge art journal page, this time the prompt was one of my favourite things ... food!
I wanted to try a lighter feel on these pages as the previous two have begun nicely and somehow run awaywith me getting murkier and murkier with every additional layer of ink I threw at them!

Here it was just a case of spritzing green Shimmerz through stencils on a part / messily gessoed page:
And I restrianed myself to only flicking a few other colours on top!
The cute food characters were cut from a piece of tissue paper which came from a very old Crafty Templates Quirky Kit and the rub on is from Basic Grey:
The scalloped border stamp is from Papermania, meanwhile the little mug-clutching guy below was a friend's stamp I borrowed at a crop about a year ago and I can't remember who he's by!
Whoever he is ... I coloured him with my Promarkers and gave him a speech bubble cut from  Cosmo Cricket ' paper from 'The Boyfriend' range. And his friend - the avocado - was cut from a Liz Earle catalogue!

I too have an avocado for a friend ... in fact I met up with him for lunch just yesterday ...

See you soon.

Julie

1 comment:

  1. Love this Julie, he's a lovely little fella :D
    C
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment, asking me a question, sharing your own story or just randomly saying hello.