Friday 17 June 2011

Layout: Reason I Love You No.826

Hi there. Happy Friday to one and all.

How's it going? Me?  Well, all in all ... Friday's treating my pretty well:

I've had someone buy 4 of my collages from my etsy shop overnight; I've posted those plus some magazine projects off; I've eaten a vanilla slice [the bakery is next door to the Post Office ... so it was inevitable really] and I bought 3 amazing retro aprons [which I might sell on etsy ... or I might just keep!] on my way back, then found a tiny ever-so-lovely pink poppy growing in a crack in the pavement at the top of our drive.

So, in the spirit of all things fortunate-yet-rather-random ...

I thought I'd share my latest scrapbook page as it feautures a mundane, everyday, domestic moment ... which makes me smile and strikes me as worthy of capturing:

The journaling pretty much speaks for itself:


It really is the little things in life - the vanilla slices, vintage aprons and kind hearted men -
that make the world go around, isn't it?


I hope there's an ordinary treasure making your day today.  [If there isn't - go look in your nearest secondhand shop or in a crack in the pavement ... and I bet you find something to make you smile ... !]

See you soon.

Julie

-----------------------------------------------
Page made using my guest designer 'Quirky Kit' from Crafty TemplatesIsn't that jeans-patterned paper fabulous? Really, really fabulous?!!!

8 comments:

  1. Love love LOVE it! Perfect balance and very very cool design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! It really is the simple things in life that make you smile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a pretty good reason :) Congratulations on the Etsy sale and you know you are going to have to share what the aprons look like right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simple yet chic. A guy who leaves you spare change is a real keeper! We never have spare change and so parking is always a nightmare! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh! So elegant, and very stylish. Clearly a gem :). (Him and the LO!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, I love this! I love how it is sweet but manly at the same time!!!! I should make a similar page about how I love to find my toothbrush with the toothpaste already on it before I go to bed (yes, thanks to my DH :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Uhooi,,
    Wow,, It works very nice, beautiful and creative,,

    Uhooi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this LO.It's fab.
    I'm with Amanda you have to spill what the aprons look like please?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment, asking me a question, sharing your own story or just randomly saying hello.