Yesterday I had a speculative email from a company selling envelopes asking me about sponsorship opportunities [!!??]. Now where would they get the idea that I'm big on envelopes? Can't imagine ...
So, today's art journal page features two security envelopes [Ahhh .... now I seeee ....].
Anyway it's another page created to illustrate my tutorial/discussion of postal themed supplies for Step 19 of the UKScrappers Art Journey [where the full discussion is available for download as a PDF]. And here it is:
The main background consists of the reverse side of a security envelope which I used as window feature to frame two of my favourite things: sunshine and 'found' phrases:in yesterday's post the subject matter behind this page is not connected to a postal theme. It's actually based around some current feelings I have about my blog:
"There's been a lot of talk lately about whether bloggers share too much ... or not enough but, for now at least, mine feels pretty Goldilocks to me."
As in: it's just right.
So, with that notion in mind I searched through my pile of magazines, brochures, leaflets and junk mail to find suitable images and phrases which I felt matched what I try to do here in my corner of BlogWorld.
Think of it as a collaged blog Mission Statement which includes found phrases such as ...
- what you might get from visiting me: 'Receive details about news + nonsense';
- then what I hope to offer you: 'Little things to make you smile' and really that could actually be my life's motto ... not merely my blog's:
- 'A tickle every so often' because you must have guessed by now that I like trying to make you laugh with my Overheards and tall tales!
If you're feeling a bit conflicted about your blog, maybe you too are debating over whether you share too much or not enough, if you're pondering over what your purpose is or how you want your readers to feel when they swing by ... whatever it is ...
... let me tell you, it's surprisingly useful and cathartic to spend half an hour sifting through a big pile of publications waiting for appropriate words and phrases to leap out and to feel right to you.
Which shouldn't be a surprise really because time spent with paper, scissors ... and yourself ... is never wasted time whther you come out of it with a blog mission statement or not.
A few reminders:
- you can enter the big Docrafts giveaway [until Sunday 20th].
- you can share your postal projects for me to Pin by linking up blog posts in the comments below [I can leave this offer open until the end of the month if that helps?]
- or, if you don't have a full blown post idea, but still want to share something posty - drop it by my Facebook page.