Lists were the topic for Week 19 [UKStampers challenge] and unlike yesterday's post where I couldn't really claim to be a 'Domestic Goddess' ... today I can state loud and proud that I am one of life's list-makers:
And I suppose that when I blog My Month in Numbers each month, that's another form of list [with plenty of rambling going on in there too!].
I make more lists when I'm at work [at the day / term time job] including making them for my student. Some days his To Do included items such as: 'Let Julie know what time we're meeting on Friday' ... so it all came in useful for me as well as him!
Two of my favourite things about lists:
- getting everything out of my head and in in front of me in black and white, safe, concrete; and
- being able to tick things off when they're done!
I actually spotted something via Twitter a few weeks back where people were making 'Done' lists ... rather than 'To Do' as a way to feel better about what they'd achieved in a day instead of feeling guilty about what they hadn't!
I liked the sound of that, even though I think it was mainly parents doing it, because I must admit, I have been known to start a list with something I've already finished ... just for the satisfaction of crossing it off!
Don't try to tell me you haven't done the same ...
About the page:
- I don't much like it! It started off OK, then went wrong and even my philosophy of 'just keep adding stuff until it looks good' failed me this time!
- The arrow stamps are by Studio G;
- The alpha stamps are Banana Frog;
- The doodle border stamp is by Papermania;
- The rub ons are 7Gypsies;
- The smudges are all my fault. One day I'll remember to NOT spatter wet ink over journaling I've just written with a water soluble pen!
OK then, I'll leave you to the rest of your day:
- I'll probably be back tomorrow with my response to the 'Food' prompt - I'm just the 6 weeks behind now;
- Thanks for your great comments on my recent deluge of journal pages!
- Thanks to those who've been pinning my work on Pinterest too - it makes me all coy and smiley when I see that!