Tuesday 2 April 2013

Scrapbooking: the model Monster Munch eater


Hi, hi, hi.

I've got a scrapbook page to share today which is also my 3DJean Design Team project this month.

And it's a page which - to my eye - owes a little something to the 1980s courtesy of a combination of:
  • some very fabulous graphic papers called 'Feu d'Artifice' by Infocrea [available from 3DJean here - they're all double-sided so make sure to click on each image to see the reverse.]
  • ... and ... 30 packets of Monster Munch crisps! [a favourite snack from my 80s childhood ... and from 5 minutes ago too!]
You might remember [have I mentioned it? Once or twice?] that for my birthday this year someone bought me a full box of the Roast Beef flavour and so I spent the first few months of 2013 dipping into my collection.

[Which, BTW really do taste like I remembered them, even though for a while they didn't. Now their packing refers to a *new* *old* recipe! Hurrah. It's like the 25+ years in between never happened!]
So imagine my surprise when, a few weeks after receiving my 30 packets I spotted this in the hot trends column in The Guardian newspaper's 'Weekend' magazine:
They're the 'model crisps du jour'! Who knew?

And I have* 30 of them.

[OK, I *had 30 of them.]

There's you thinking I was just a greedy, unrefined, overly-nostalgic snack-obsessive ... and it turns out I'm actually on trend. Du jour no less. In with the 'in' crowd.
That said ... I'm almost convinced that if models like Cara Delevingne really are eating Monster Munch ... they're probably not eating 30 packets in 3 months ...

-----------------------------------------------
Before I go ...
  • I just want to say a  HUGE thank you to those who found time over the Easter weekend to donate to my Just Giving page where I'm raising money for Save the Children.
  • You, and the generous people before you have helped me reach £218.87 - which is 43% of my £500 total. Now I can't wait for the moment I tip over that half-way mark!!! Thank you all so very much.
  • If you're saving your donation until you hear more from the Push-Up Bra Blogging series ... then have your £1 ready on Thursday when I'll be sharing a really useful tip about 'what' you can fill your blog space with.
See you Thursday ....

Julie :-)

4 comments:

  1. Fun post and it is good to know you are trending!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It always surprises me when I am on trend!
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a bright and sassy page - and woo-hoo to be in fashion or trend! (as we might have said thirty years ago). I love all your layering and that little peep of red doily - perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment, asking me a question, sharing your own story or just randomly saying hello.